1.27.2008

bell peppers and forehead tattoos

Baby Lu-lu is now 18 weeks old! It seems like just last week she was only 17 weeks old ;) ...how time flies! Ha...I wish! Maybe it's because it's winter and below zero, maybe it's because nightfall seems to start right after lunch, but most likely it's because I am counting down every day until Lu-lu arrives, but whatever the reason-- time seems to be crawling by at a snails pace these days. Still it's hard to believe that in two more weeks I will be halfway through this pregnancy.

Here's the data on the little one:
Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper), and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If your baby is a boy , his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound

Speaking of babies...I was recently reading Eat, Pray, Love and there was a line that cracked me up. It said that having a baby is kind of like getting a tattoo on your forehead...you better really want it! What a great statement! I have two tattoos, but somehow I am not ready for one on my forehead...thank goodness I think I am ready for this little munchkin to be part of my/our life. Maybe the forehead tattoo will come next...do you think I would look good with a flower or lizard up there?


No comments: