7.24.2007

School Supplies

I don't usually post more than once in a day, but today was school supply shopping day. My dear daughter takes after me and gets very excited about such things--clean notebooks, unsharpened pencils, a fresh bottle of glue...wonderful stuff ;) Today though, she cracked me up. Apparently these days, when you get to 5th grade, your accessories (meaning pencil sharpener, pens--you only get 2 in 5th grade, eraser, etc.) must all MATCH...what?! Who does that?! Apparently my child does, and it all revolves around the "home" in which they'll be living...if the pencil bag is brown and blue apparently everything else must be brown or blue...I tried asking why you couldn't use coordinating colors as well, such as pink, but I just got a "moooom"[insert disgusted, you'll never understand, how can you be so lame to even ask, tone.] Anyway, I gave up trying to understand and figured as long as things weren't costing any more that it was really none of my concern. And then a few minutes passed and I thought...hmmmm, maybe it's not such a bad/crazy idea--coordinating products--my classroom would look very trendy...watch out world the Bellus(-Penz) ladies are on the loose...

No comments: