10.05.2008

So Much Going On...

It's my mom's birthday today...wooohooo! I can't say enough wonderful things about her. She means so much to me and continually shows me through her words and deeds that she is the type of woman I hope to become--strong, smart, and caring. Her love, support, and friendship are three things that have gotten me through some trying times in my life--job changes, layoffs, boy troubles, the arrival of a little one when I was all alone, and so much more. And now that things seem almost too good to be true, I feel blessed to be able to share these moments with her too! Happy Birthday Mom--have a wonderful year!!

Other happenings:


Steve ran the TC 10 mile race this Sunday. It was a miserable, cold, and almost rainy event. He was hoping to run the 10 miles in 80 minutes...way faster than I could ever run it (damn him!) Anna and I woke up early and dropped him off at the Metrodome, then hurried home to get our umbrella, snowsuit, and stroller and waited for daddy at mile 5 (Summit and Cretin). He arrived right on schedule and we even got a picture (he's the one in the white hat/shirt to your left.) Then we jumped in the car and hurried our way to the finish line. I actually had to jog from my parking spot to the finish line to make it in time, but just minutes after we arrived Steve ran by...YEA!! He finished just over his goal at 80min 20sec (seems like close enough to me). It then promptly started to rain and so off we went home to change and then a nice breakfast. Steve did and awesome job, and I am so thrilled for him--despite the fact that he is now faster than I am and we won't be able to run together anymore :( I guess I'll just have to kick him in the shins by "accident" so that he's hurt enough that he can lower himself to my speed ;) Anyway here are some pics:

Anna at her first race...all bundled up to watch daddy

Run Daddy Run!!

Steve and Anna after the race




My sister-in-law Lindsay and nephew Marek came in town this past weekend. It was fun to see them again. It rarely happens that we get to see them twice in such a short period of time (they were in town in August as well) so it was an extra special treat. Marek is such a cutie and growing bigger each time we see him. His vocabulary at 1 1/2 is amazing, although I'm not sure my brother Mike has taught him the word anarchy yet (this was the first word her tried to teach Alix 10 years ago.) Maybe that's because Mike has grown up a bit since then and is now a suit wearin' bank man (who would've thunk it?!) Here are some pix of the cutie Marek and his momma (Auntie Amy is sneakin' in there too)



No comments: