2.24.2008

My Talented "Little" Girl!



Here is an excerpt from Alix's wonderful talent show...unluckily blogger will only let me put up a small portion of it. It was an outstanding performance of "I Don't Think About It" by Emily Osmet. Alix and her 3 friends performed it twice (the first time the mics didn't work...so sad!) Luckily for everyone we got an encore presentation at the end of the show and everything went smoothly...whew! I will say that I was pretty psyched when I first found out that the girls were set to perform 13th of the 43 acts (so I could sneak out at intermission...who doesn't love kids talent shows?! Well, I guess me...I can only take so much singing, dancing and playing by 6-11 year olds...I know, i know, I'm a bad mommy ;) Anyway, after the debacle of the first performance we found out that they'd get another chance to go on...as the grand finale of the show...act number 44! Well, despite the fact that I felt great that they'd get a second chance, I will admit that the idea of sitting another hour and a half was a bit of a *sigh* causing moment. It was all worth it in the end though (and I shouldn't lie...I did sneak home quickly and missed 10 or so acts ;) as the girls rocked the stage and ended the 2008 Groveland Elemntary Talent Show with a bang!!

No comments: