7.31.2007

Ouch!

Due to my achin' achilles my exercise routine has been diminished from running my 4.5 mile route to walking it. Then after my hike this weekend I took what I thought would be another step backward as I decided to stay off my aching achilles altogether (exercise-wise) for a week and instead take on the cardio-pilates challenge that I encountered at my local Target Store. Now, I know many already think I am a fool, but this proved it, because after days one and two of cardio-pilates all I can say is this was NOT a step backward! Followed by, "OUCH!!" Everytime I move...in any direction...at any speed...I am reminded that I was a fool to think that cardio-pilates wouldn't stack up. Now...I'm not saying I burn as many calories, or that the cardio is nearly as intene as my walking/running, but all I know is that my stomach and even my legs are using muscles that I had forgotten I had...and that can't be a bad thing! Plus, hopefully in the meantime my achilles is starting to become my friend again.

No comments: